It all happens in a moment. A split second and then it’s gone forever. The first look between a bride a groom. The kids all playing happily. Grandma and Grandpa dancing in the sunset. Love. Joy. Connections. It’s hard to find the right photographer for this. Someone who you can connect with and feel comfortable with. You’re giving them you and your most tender and vulnerable moments.
That’s where I come in! Hi! I’m Emma!
When I took up my camera, I wanted to create. I didn’t want to start a business. I just wanted to travel and shoot flowers and mountains and stuff like that. But within a few weeks I discovered that those fleeting moments were what I wanted to shoot. It’s nothing spectacular to a stranger walking by, maybe. But to you, it’s your whole world, and to me, that means everything.
Growing up in a Missions-oriented home, I was raised to find God in my everyday. To find Him in those little moments and listen intently to His voice. I was raised to stop and really look at the people in front of me and love them the way Christ does. That’s why it’s so important to me to show you those brief glimpses. To make you see what I see. Because I hope and pray that I can show you what God sees in you.
I could spend hours talking to you about cameras, lenses, posing, favorite shoots, favorite editing styles, or the joys of location scouting, because I absolutely love this business! I love the people I meet and the things I learn through it!
Ten Fun Facts About Me:
- I am second of four children. The only girl in my sibling tribe, I’d like to add (Until my older brother married and I was blessed with my very first sister!).
- I do actually know every moment of The Office.
- Three, of my currently four, tattoos are based around Bible verses (Isaiah 54:10, Acts 1:8, and Exodus 3:14).
- Mindy Kaling is kind of my idol.
- You could make my day with good beer and tacos.
- I went to Bible School in northwestern England. It was a short program (six months), but the greatest six months of my life.
- I prefer red wine over white.
- I’ve watched Lord of the Rings enough times that I almost have the lines down verbatim.
- I’m not actually “Moody” all the time (Ask me why this is relevant).
- My favorite color is burgundy